Fundamentals of Human Geography
The course will cover various aspects of human geography and related terms such as such as world population distribution, population composition, human development, primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary activities, transport and communication, international trade. It will help students to analyze and interpret various aspects of human interactions with the environment and society.
- Understand the concept and scope of human geography.
- Patterns of world population distribution.
- Demographic characteristics of the population.
- Concepts of sex ratio, age-sex pyramid, and literacy rate.
- Understanding the concept of human development
- In depth knowledge of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Activities
- Understand the role of transport and communication in economic development.
India – People and Economy
The book aims to provide students with a in depth understanding of the diverse aspects of India’s people and economy covering topics such as population, migration, human development, settlements, sustainable development, transport and communication, international trade, and geographical prospective on selected issues and problems.
- Understand the patterns of population distribution – Distribution, Density, Composition , Growth Trends
- Migration in India.
- Concept of Human Development and Human Settlement
- In Depth Understanding of Land Resources, Water Resources, Mineral and Energy Resources
- Role of transport and communication
- Concepts and trends of international trade
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 55 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 27
- Assessments Yes